Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 16th

Sunday, the beginning of this nasty heat wave, we spent several hours in the pool of our dear friends, the Kinsey's. I remember being 8 months pregnant with Jayna, 5 years ago in July. We didn't have AC in the house except a teeny window unit that kept our bedroom icy cold, but the rest of the house was hotter and more humid than outside. I pretty much spent the hottest 2 weeks of the summer either locked in the bedroom with Sage or in the Kinsey's pool. I don't know what I would have done without their hospitality at that time in my life. I know it's not much, but those people have given to so many people in times of need, whatever they have on hand to share. For me that summer it was the comfort of their pool, and it was a gift I will never forget. They've done much more for me and my family over the past 8 years or so, but this memory is strong in my mind right now. Thankfully we now have a huge BEAST of an AC window unit in the living room that keeps the whole downstairs comfortable, if not cold.









1 comment:

  1. hurray for good friends!
    and hurray for people who share what they have!

    i love your memories of the relief they offered your pregnant self.

    i remember floating in a lake up north when i was very pregnant with maddie - so wonderful!

    love you, neen! have a happy friday!

    ~elizabeth

    ReplyDelete