Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 24th - 29th

Picture-A-Day:
Ok, I'm resolving to get back on track with this. Sometimes I get to the end of the day and I intend to post, but I just feel so tired, so I don't.
Anyway, here's about a week's worth.

This was storm clouds rolling right as the sun was setting, and they were very cool looking. Can you see the face? Kinda creepy.

My awesome little guy is pretty much potty training himself. He has been wearing underwear for about a week now, with only a couple accidents. He loves those M&M's! He also loves his "Cars" underwear.

This one, not so much on the potty training thing. He's not even 2 yet, so I'm ok with it. He's been showing more interest in sitting on the potty for longer periods of time, which is a good start.

My little ballerina on her birthday. Love that girl.

We went camping last weekend with our church family. Last camping trip of the season. Both of us were kind of dreading it, mainly because the boys have been so difficult lately, but we were really glad we went, it's always good to live somewhat communally like that. And I just love the "dad making breakfast" picture I get on every camping trip. :) He's so fun.

Oh yum, homemade bruchetta! Almost every time a restaurant offers Bruchetta, I order it. I LOVE it so much. I came across a very simple recipe for it, and had everything already in my house, except the bread. Since I had to go to the store anyway, I bought a crusty baguette and whipped this up to go with dinner. In case you're wondering, it's just tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Toast the bread (I did about 4 or 5 small slices in the toaster oven), drizzle with olive oil, and top with tomato topping. OH SO DELICIOUS!!!

I love this. About every other night when I go check on the boys, this is what I find. Since they're not in cribs anymore, I put them to bed and then just let them piddle around their room til they go to sleep. At first I expected to find them in weird places, like curled up in the corner of the closet or something, but nope, it's this. My girls used to do this, and it melted my heart then, and it does now. Exhausting as these guys are lately, this picture reminds me how precious they are.

1 comment:

  1. glad you are back to posting. I love seeing what's going on in the day to day life of your fam. Props to mr. blueberry pancake daddy. Love the last pic of the boys past out. Precious.

    ReplyDelete