Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

July 1-4

We went camping over the holiday weekend. I did not take a single picture. I don't know, I felt burned out on picture taking. Besides that, we were pretty waterlogged most of the weekend. It thunderstormed for the first 24 hours, and then we spent the rest of the weekend at the pool, mostly. I have a small point-and-shoot camera that I really should use for times like this, but for some dumb reason I didn't think of it until the weekend was over. I even had it with me! I wouldn't have minded taking that little thing to the pool or carrying it around the campground to snap pictures. I was just thinking that I didn't want to lug my big expensive camera all over the place. I guess that's the problem with trying to make photography a "job." I don't want to "work" when I'm on vacation! A lot of the time I can't resist the draw of the camera. I feel almost addicted to taking pictures. I see something that makes me smile or feel happy, and I grab my camera. But this weekend, I just kept thinking "I don't feel like taking any pictures." So... major fail... but I'm ok with it. I'll start fresh today. And next time I'll remember the small camera, and use that as an escape from my "job" so I can still take pics of special family events without feeling like I'm "working."

No comments:

Post a Comment