Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 17th & 18th

Picture-A-Day:

 Sunday. 4.17.11. This picture has 2 stories. 
#1 - I've been brewing my own iced tea. Still on my journey of quitting pop - I've been "pop sober" for almost 6 months now. And I LOVE iced tea, but I really love herbal tea. So I've been buying these variety packs of Celestial Seasonings (always my favorite teas), flavored with different fruit flavors - blueberry, raspberry, cherry, mixed berry, and peach. I brew a pitcher about once every 2-3 days, depending on how much I drink. It's caffeine free and sugar free (I add a heaping tablespoon of Splenda to sweeten a glass), and full of all kinds of fruity-herbal goodness.
#2 - the Jail House Brewing company is a beer brewery that Derrick visited while he was in GA. He even got to name one of their beers! All their beer names follow the "Jail House" theme, and he threw out an idea, and they loved it and named a beer with it, but darn it I can't remember what it was.  I want to say Incarceration. But I can't find it on their website either.

Monday. 4.18.11. This is what we woke up to today. They were predicting 1-3 inches of snow. When I first woke up it was just raining, so I was relieved. Then within an hour the rain started turning into big fat snow. If you click on this pic to enlarge it, you can really see the fat, snowy raindrops, it's kinda cool, actually. Thankfully, by 11:00 it had turned back into rain and the snow was all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment