Pages

Friday, February 04, 2011

February 3rd & 4th

Picture-A-Day:

Last night I got to the end of the day and realized I hadn't taken any pictures, so I made Alyssa pose for me. She didn't want to, because she doesn't think she looks pretty without her make up. She's wrong, but it's a common misconception, isn't it? I woke up feeling sick to my stomach yesterday (remember how 2 of my kids have been puking in the last week?) Thankfully there was no puking involved for me, but I spent most of the day on the couch eating nothing but toast and oatmeal. Well, as much as you can when you have 2 toddlers, a 4 year old and a 5 year old who don't have school and it's too cold to go outside. I'm all better today.

Today was very busy. I went grocery shopping with 3 kids (just a quick trip). Took the three of them to the doctor because little T had to get allergy testing (blah - he's allergic to dairy, and I'm crossing my fingers that's it, because I don't look forward to rearranging my whole life for a gluten or egg allergy). Came home for lunch and naps. I forfeited my nap today to shovel the driveway. It took me about an hour, and it made me feel a lot better about only working out once this week. Hey, it's hard to get to the gym with 2 snow days (or shall we call them blizzard days - "snow day" seems like kind of an understatement), and a 2-hour-delay. As soon as I got done with that, my bro-in-law and his lady stopped by to say they want to buy our van (old mini we've been fixing up to make it sellable), so that was cool. Then it was time to get ready for dinner.

We had a soup dinner fundraiser at church for our children's ministry. The youth took orders and served tables, and they did a fabulous job. It was a success, and a lot of fun. I made Black Bean and Salsa Chicken soup, and I brought home an empty pot. I LOVE it when that happens. Never mind that the only alternative was chicken noodle from a mix. After dinner we watched Toy Story 3. It was my first time seeing it, and I think I laughed more than any of the kids. I love the potato head couple! And Barbie and Ken. Man, it's just all so funny.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I think Toy Story 3 was made for the adults and not the kids! Way too funny for us... but the kids don't get it! : )

    I am glad that you are feeling better! Mommas are not allowed sick days! : (

    ReplyDelete