Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Family Road Trip (part 2)

Missouri to Colorado

Since Colorado was so awesome, and I have so many pictures, I'm going to split this section up a bit, taking just one day at a time. This first day is the actual drive from KCMO to Estes Park, CO. Most of the drive consisted of Kansas, which much like Missouri, is surprisingly beautiful to drive through. Yes, it's flat, yes it's boring, but I was awed by the fact that you can look as far as your eyes can see, and see the horizon in all directions. The way the blue sky contrasted with the green/golden fields was stunning to me.


I totally missed the Kansas welcome sign. I should have been prepared, but I didn't think about how quickly we would get there from Kansas City. So this lovely sign will have to suffice.


a typical view from the road in Kansas:

There were many sunflower patches throughout Kansas. I wanted to stop for some close ups, but we had such a long drive that day already, so we couldn't.

This is just funny.

Finally Colorado! But still no mountains... I was surprised and disappointed that we didn't actually see mountains until we were less than an hour from Denver. It was an overcast day, I'm sure that didn't help. I know it doesn't look overcast in this picture, but take a look at the next one.



What a beautiful view from the road!

And that's all for now. In my next post, I'll highlight our first day in the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment