Pages

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

HWB Drive in Progress...


Ok, here they are ...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
so much to Elizabeth, Allison, the Beauchamps, the Zimmerman's, Mom, Nicole, and Angie for the donations of money and cozy's.

It has been so exciting to have people contribute to this project - some really good friends, and some people that I don't even know!
I've collected 14 Hot Water Bottles for the people of Nepal. Well, for 14 people anyway. Six of the cozy's were handcrafted by Elizabeth, Allison, and me (the 6 on top). The others are from Pier 1 - they had them as a Valentine's special with their own cozy's. Personally, I like the hand made ones better, and I actually replaced some of the Pier 1 cozy's with hand made's. If I get any more cozy's, I'll replace these as well. However, I intend to ship these by the end of this week. Please let me know ASAP if there is something on the way and I'll make sure to wait for it.

I am hoping to do another drive between now and Fall - so if anybody missed out and would still like to contribute, feel free. I will keep collecting over the next several months, and hopefully have another shipment off before next winter. Again, thank you. This has been fun. I love you Andrew!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. this has been fun! and i got an order for some more cozies from a girl who will buy them from me! i'm going to add that to my fundraiser pile for maddie. *smile*

    this was a great idea, neen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like such a heel for not getting my cozy finished in time. At least you're going to keep collecting them over the coming months. That's reassuring for me...I'm such a procrastinator!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's experienced so many different "issues" with their pregnancy. It's really got me down lately. I feel like I'm in this funk and can't get out of it.

    Thanks again for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I have my eye on the Willow Tree nativity. I think I may wait a few years until the kids are older. :) All three of our wisemen had their heads broken off at some point during this Christmas season.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete