Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Alyssa's Room

I am ALL done painting Alyssa's room. Finished the trim and the polka dots last night. I need to redo the ceiling - it needs another coat. Will probably do that tonight, then clean out the room to get ready for CARPET!

I decided to go the frugal (cheap) route and make my own stencils. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $15 on a sheet of thin plastic with a circle cut out of it. So I bought two pieces of poster board, traced circles with plates (the big circle isn't from a plate, it's a circle I borrowed from somebody who recently painted circles). Anyway, it worked really well until the paper started to curl and paint started to drip onto the back of the paper and smudge the wall - I did have to do some touch ups, but I think it turned out pretty well.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! way to go, neen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Pink and Brown is one of my favorite combos. Cool circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the woodwork around the windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. is the house at the top your home?

    ReplyDelete