Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Train Museum

Last Saturday we went out to Michigan City to the Hesston Steam Museum with our friends, the Tadd's. It was actually a lot smaller than I expected, and unfortunately it was FREEZNIG cold and windy, and everything was pretty much outside. In spite of all this, we managed to have a really good time. (I cannot get this underline off).
The old train cars were really cool.

taking a break from the cold inside their TEENY (and very crowded) gift shop. They had cookies and hot cocoa in exchange for a monetary donation, which I thought was cool.
Finally, the train ride - They called it the Candy Cane Express. Train tickets were free with a toy donated to Toys for Tots.


Gracie, Henry, and SageOn the look out for Santa's reindeer. There really were lots of deer in the woods, which was neat to see. Sage asked if they were running away because hunters were trying to kill them.
It was a fun day. I'd like to go again in the summer when it's warmer, and I hear they have a little more going on.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you keep track of the things sage says out loud. the hunter comment made me laugh.! she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete