Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

How to Eat a Cherry, by Sage Eubanks

Not sure what my obsession is with photographing flowers and plants lately. I guess it's just because we have so many. I'm sort of fascinated by the biological process of putting a seed in the ground and watching it grow into something so beautiful. Here's the wild lilies we planted in front of our house. Our plan is for them to spread, so in a few years there will be tons of them.



Here's our veggie garden. This is pretty exciting too. While the flowers are beautiful to look at, we planted everything from seeds, and now we're watching them produce food for us to eat! How awesome is that??? I think it's pretty neat to see creation in action like that. In fact, some of the tomatoes we planted came from seeds from the tomatoes we grew last year! Ah, the circle of life.

The under side of a zucchini plant

This is an Asiatic Lily I got last year at Easter. It grew back this year as 3 different plants, each with a handful of flowers. The rest of the flowers have now opened, and there are about 6 on this plant. Jayna picked ALL the buds off the other two plants. Isn't that just like Jayna.




Here it is today. Beautiful.


Here she is, oh so sweet... This was taken just a few minutes ago, and as I write, this is how she looks. I love watching my babies sleep. It reminds me of how precious they are when they're not pulling all the flowers off my plants!



Sage is at my favorite age right now. I've always loved 3-5 year olds. She's just trying so hard to be "big". She loves cherries, but has a hard time with the seeds, though she won't admit it. Below is a video of how she gets the seeds out. So cute.



1 comment:

  1. i love looking at your pics, and that video was beyond adorable. She is THE cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete