Pages

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Family News Update

Well, I thought I'd write a little note to update the blog since I don't have any new pictures. I am working on some "big mama" pregnant pictures. I am SO tired of being pregnant - 3 weeks to go! Well, that's what they say, you really never know. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later, but trying not to expect it. I have to say I am very thankful for the break in hot humid yucky-ness. July was miserable... hopefully August will be a little more bearable. At least I have a little more energy to clean my house. I could hardly get my bum off the couch when the heat index was 110!

Next Wednesday Alyssa comes home from Florida. We're looking forward to having a full household again! I wonder how tall she's gotten over the last 2 months. Last summer she grew a few inches!

Sage is really close to saying "book" - just might be her first word; we'll have a little nerd on our hands! Just kidding, I'm really glad she loves to read. She says "buh... hch" (not really sure how to spell the sound she makes, but it's not exactly the "k" sound. It's close though). She also says "ba ba" for "bye-bye" and she says "baaa" for "bath" and "please." She's got the "b" sound down pretty well!

And we finally settled on a name for Baby Girl - Jayna Jasmine. I want to call her J.J. Now if it's a boy, we're going to be... excited... but upset about taking all that time and effort to come up with a girl's name that we both like. Oh well. I had a dream last weekend that it was a girl AND a boy!! Jayna means "God is Gracious" (same as Jeannine - they're both female forms of John). Jasmine means "Of the Persian flower, Jasmine." I guess Jasmine is part of the olive family, and olive trees represent peace, so that's kind of cool. Who doesn't need peace and grace in their lives, right?

As for Mom and Dad Eubanks... we are just persevering through these last difficult weeks of pregnancy. last weekend we saw "Pirates of the Carribean 2" with our dear friends, Brad and Barb Willard. It was nice to spend time with them, since we don't get to see them very often these days. It was a long time for me to sit though, and by the end my feet were tingling.

I'll be working for the next 3 weeks, as long as I'm not busy having a baby. Derrick is working on getting our apartment fixed up so our friend Kelly Little can move in, hopefully in the next couple months. And, that's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment