Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Eubanks: Unplugged: S1:E23

October 24th, 2012 {Our 9th anniversary}!

1. Last night, I was reading a bedtime story to the girls. Conversation as follows:
J6: (randomly interrupting the story, which is not that uncommon) Mom, if somebody is having trouble breathing when they go to bed, will they die in their sleep?

S7: Yes. If you stop breathing, you're dead.

Me: No, that's not true, you can stop breathing for a little while without dying. (long explanation ensues about CPR/rescue breathing, etc. I didn't even think about the fact that you can hold your breath! duh!)

S7: (regarding "mouth-to-mouth") EEEWWWW! that's gross, that's like kissing!!!

Me: Anyway, why are you asking about this?

J6: Because I wanted to know if I'm gonna die while I'm sleeping.

{Earlier in the evening she was playing outside and fell, and got the wind knocked out of her. Apparently it was still bothering her a bit. Not sure if it was actually her lungs, or her ribs that were sore, but I gave her a breathing treatment (she has very mild and very occasional asthma), just to be safe. She made it through the night thankfully.}

Oh my goodness, the things kids think of!!

2. Fast forward a bit to this morning... the hubs and I are chatting in the kitchen for a few minutes (which is obviously the perfect time for the kids to get into trouble, right? because they don't want their parents to EVER give ANYONE but them ANY attention.) Anyway, so our conversation ends, D walks into the living room to discover T3 and J3 have milk on their heads. MILK. On their HEADS. Yep, our clever little T3 has a fascination with holding his sippy cup upside down and shaking. The whole "non spill" thing is a BIG FAT LIE! But that might be because I can't bring myself to spend $7 on a sippy cup when down on the bottom shelf they have some for $2.

This is his grumpy face because I was about to make him take a shower to wash the milk out of his hair. He hates showers. MUAaaaahhhaaahhhaaaahhhaaahaaa!

3. I am reading The Borrowers to the girls for their bedtime story. S7 told me tonight that she didn't like it because it makes her scared that they are real (we are only on the 2nd chapter). I said, "They're not real. They're like little fairies." And she replied, just as straight faced as can be, "Yeah, but I know fairies are real, because I saw one when I was two." I asked her some questions about it, because I've never seen a fairy before. I found out that this fairy was maybe 2 inches tall, and made a sound like jingling bells. I'm not saying whether or not fairies are real. But if she says she saw one, I'm not gonna deny the possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment