Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Eubanks: Unplugged: S1:E15

September 25, 2012

1. Went upstairs to find 3yo transferring everything he could carry from his room to the landing at the top of the stairs. When I asked what he was doing, he replied "Ah keenah my yoom mommy!" (translation: I'm cleaning my room, mommy).

2. I have found $12 in random places around my house today. After my Goodwill score yesterday (which you probably read on Facebok), I'm starting to think God is just raining money on me! ;) Keep it coming!

3. I read one of those funny quote things you see on social media, outloud to Sage, but had to substitute for a bad word. When she figured out what the bad word was, she gasped and covered her mouth, with very wide eyes. I laughed. The substitute word was "crap." I'm glad she's still so innocent. Many kids today wouldn't think twice about that word.

4. My yellow rosebush that Derrick got me for my birthday is blooming again! And now the yellow roses are turning pink! Is it normal for roses to change color? Because I now have 2 rose bushes where the roses change color, and I LOVE it! See the yellow one in the background? It's starting to pink around the edges. I'm not a huge fan of the cliche "dozen roses" all red and perfect looking, but omygoodness, I love rose bushes. They make me happy.
5. In one week we will have TWO 3-year-olds! I am proud to say, we are all still alive and no one has yet been institutionalized, although I think I've come close a couple times. I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am about this birthday. I remember with the girls, age 3 was when they finally began to exit all the toddler difficulties. To be sure, they go through a whole new round of difficulties at every age and stage of childhood (as we know from having ages 2-15 in our household at the moment). But boy, I have been ready to leave toddlerhood behind since it started with these boys, about 2.5 years ago. My closest friends can attest, it has been a rough, rough road. I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel since the first one turned 3 about 5 months ago. My hope for the coming years is to be able to truly enjoy raising my kids, rather than always feeling defeated by them. I will also have to come up with new code-names for them, since "3yo" will no longer be specific enough.

6. Holy ShCrap! I almost forgot... A15 (that's my new kid-name-code - first initial followed by age) got her drivers permit!!!!!! Derrick took her driving yesterday up and down the alley, and then around the block a couple times. I am at a total loss for words right now, I don't even know what more to say about it.


2 comments:

  1. Fun things happening!! I enjoy reading al your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it the same when we were 15?...I remember what I was doing back then....it just seems different from this angle...ya know what I mean?...

    ReplyDelete