Pages

Monday, December 05, 2011

November 13th

Picture-A-Day: these are out of order, but I don't care. it's a pain in the *butt* rearranging pictures on blogger. so, here they are:
11.16.11 - I found a bunch of colored flash attachments. This is the red one (obviously). I was trying the different colors out, I like the red for Christmas.


11.30.11 - I taught the girls how to make paper snow flakes. Jayna cried and cried that she couldn't do it. Her first one fell apart because she cut up the one side that holds everything together. But she persevered, and she came up with a really great one in the end.


11.29.11 - First snow accumulation of the season. And our Jack-o's are dying! They're still out there. I like to let the kids throw them at the tree in our yard to smash them up. It's fun. But I also like to make it kind of a family activity, and honestly, I just never think about it when we're all together. Which is hardly ever. We'll do it one of these days, or else they'll just go in the compost without getting smashed.


11.25.11 - Alyssa's going to hate me for this. Shhh... don't tell her. The girls have been getting along so well lately, it makes me happy.


11.24.11 - Thanksgiving Day at aunt Dana's. Baby girl is growing up. It seems like yesterday she was a shy, sweet little 5-year-old.


11.22.11 - She fell asleep and one by one the dogs came to cuddle with her. I'm not much of a dog person, but I do love how they love to cuddle. If Pippin sees a person with a blanket, he's right there. And they're WARM!


11.21.11 - They're finally outgrowing some (only some) of the toddler craziness. I brought out some duplo's (the giant lego's), and they built towers for about 30 minutes. They had such a good time. I'm amazed they can focus on one activity for more than 30 seconds.


11.20.11 - Yea for potty training!!! We're rarely home all day or even long enough for him to wear undies around the house, but he loves going pee on the potty (I think he's just in it for the M&M's, but that's ok with me, I'll take it). He goes way more than he probably really needs to. I can not express how ready I am to be done with diapers! It's been over 6 years since we started the diaper game. That's a lot of butt wiping.
And, I'm done with November! December is exciting. I love Christmas! I love everything about it - music, lights, decorations, the festiveness. Now all we need is a good snow storm between now and the big day. I'm ready. We got a couple inches that one day, but it's all gone now. December just doesn't feel real without snow. I don't know what I'd do if I lived WAY south and had to wear shorts and t-shirts in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment