Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm 30!

Well, many of you probably knew long before I did, but they got me! Derrick, Mom, and Dad collaborated and planned a surprise birthday bash for my 30th birthday. I was completely shocked (until I saw Sage peeking out the door of our church, where the party was held). I was surprised, embarrassed, excited. Most of Derrick's family was there, and a lot of our friends. It was really wonderful, made me feel very special and loved, so thank you to all who came. I don't have any pictures yet. Derrick didn't bring our camera (he did bring the video camera), so I'm waiting to get the pictures off Mom's camera.

The best part of the party was when Derrick sang Brad Paisley's song, "She's Everything." He's always said that's his song for me, it's beautiful, and he did an awesome job. To my knowledge, he's never sang in public like that before, so that made it even more special. To hear the song, you can find it at www.cmt.com. For some reason I couldn't find it on BradPaisley.com, go figure.

Photos to come, hopefully soon...

For the last few weeks I've been contemplating turning 30, not really freaking out, but thinking "It sounds a lot older than I feel." When I say it out loud "I'm 30" it just doesn't sound right. But now that the big day has come and gone, it's starting to sink in, and I'm feeling pretty ok about it. I'm looking forward to the best decade of my life. Many people have told me that the 30's are the best, so bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I love that Brad Paisley song! Its one of my fav's! That's so cool he sang it too you! Very romantic!

    Happy Birthday. I'm half way through the 30's and they have been very good! I'm a little nervous with every year I get closer to 40 though! Eeeks!

    Have a great week!
    Teri Sommer

    ReplyDelete