Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

digging around in the garbage

Remember that show Joan of Arcadia? It only had one or two seasons. I never saw it on TV, but I borrowed the first season from the library a while ago. It was pretty cute. There was one episode I really liked. At the end of the show Joan said this...

"I'm not a photographer or an artist like Iris. I'm not a literary editor or a science geek, or anything. I mean, I tried to be, but I'm not. I'm really just digging around in the garbage trying to find something that matters."

In that episode, she tried working for the school paper and ended up literally digging around in the garbage trying to find a particular poem or story that somebody had written, but didn't want published. I don't know, for some reason that statement made sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment