Monday, June 25, 2007

Tired Baby Oh, that's cute
I think Derrick had this on his foot, and Alyssa decided to put it on her head... gross
"Look Mom! I made up a new game!" We have seen about 3 or 4 rainbows in the last few weeks. It's strange, you usually only see one once in a while. Every time it rains now, Sage goes looking for a rainbow. She doesn't understand that you don't always get one.

I have lots more pictures, but they're at home I guess. Derrick and his brother Kyle finished up the apartment last week. Kyle and his family moved in. It's supposed to be temporary - as long as he gets into the Coast Guard, he'll go to training for 8 weeks while Kelsey and the kids stay with us, and then they'll join him wherever he's stationed. If he doesn't make it... who knows? In the meantime, it's nice to have some neighbors, but it's taking some getting used to. But it actually is really nice to have family close by, and someone for the kids to play with. Things are going well. Nothing really new to report. The kids are just growing and growing. It's blowing me away. I'm reading a book called "Irrisistible Revolution." It's very thought provoking. I like it. There's part of it I wanted to share, but I forgot to bring it with me. The main idea of the book is "redistribution", or the idea that there is enough resources in the world to provide for everyone's needs, but 20% of the world's population owns 80% of the wealth. And the other 80% of the population has to divide the remaining 20%, and even that's not evenly distributed. So he's proposing that everyone should live simply (not extravagently) and we should all share, and then everyone would be taken care of. It sounds lofty and kind of impossible, but at least we can do our part, and maybe others will follow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment