Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ponderings

I Posted some new pictures below. I have many more to share, but it's feeling a bit tedious at the moment, so I think I will save them for another day.



After two years of motherhood (and having acquired three children in that time), I'm beginning to realize some of the things my life is noticibly lacking. And they all involve time. Time with other women, time with my husband, and time for myself. I'm beginning to find ways to fulfill the need for time with other women and time for myself.



I've started a play group, which I mentioned before. So far it's going really well and I've been getting to know some mom's my age who I didn't know as well before, including my sister-in-law, Kelsey, which has been fun. She has two boys about the ages of Sage and Jayna, so it's fun for them to get to know their cousins. And since they're very similar ages as my kids, we have a lot in common as moms.



I've also been trying to make sure I take time to write in my journal on a daily basis (or as much as possible). It helps me get all the jumbles out of my head and I feel less frazzled. Sometimes as I write I actually figure out solutions to my problems - things make more sense to me somehow. And sometimes I just need to get things out, but I can't necessarily talk to somebody about every single thought that goes through my head. Journaling is very theraputic for me, and it's helping my stress level. And making sure I take time to do "whatever I want" with no time restriction is doing a lot for me too. This is only the 2nd time I've been able to do it - but I'm telling you, when I got home from my last "time off" , I felt like a new woman. The evening went smoothly, I didn't feel exhausted and frazzled. It was wonderful.



Now the thing I'm still struggling with is finding time with my husband. I'm hoping it will get better during the summer when he doesn't have school. But still, with the kids constantly needing care and attention, even if we're in the same room together, it doesn't really feel like we're spending time together. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I think the "date night kid swap" sounds like a great idea, we just need another couple to swap kids with. I would also like to find another mom to do a "day off kid swap" with.

Ok, well, that's about all I have to share right now. Hope everybody is doing well. Thanks for reading my blog. It means a lot to me when people mention that they keep up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment